We’d like to assure you that we are committed to protecting the privacy of all our website users, customers and overnight guests. We will ensure that the information you provide us with is kept private and confidential, and we will only use it to provide the services you request.
We are the The Coach House Inn (We, Us, Our) and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By continuing to use www.coachhousechester.co.uk, or any of the functionalities displayed on it (Our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
How information you give Us is collected:
You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on Our site, or in house, or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give Us may include your name, contact details, personal preferences, financial information, marketing insights and other demographic information.
Information We collect about you online:
With regard to each of your visits to Our site We may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
1. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
2. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our site when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way Our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our site. This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our site.
How information you give to Us is used:
• to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where We permit selected third parties to use your data, We (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data or otherwise notify Us in writing;
• to notify you about changes to Our service;
• to ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
How information We collect about you is used:
• to administer Our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve Our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of Our efforts to keep Our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our site about goods or services that may interest you or them. · Information We receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may Us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
Disclosure of your information / third parties
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
· Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our site.
· Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of Us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contractual rights against you; or to protect Our rights, property, or safety and those of Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Where We store your personal data
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information. We use Antivirus Scanning. We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a booking, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks within the European Economic Area (EEA) and in some cases, is stored on our premises (39 Northgate Street, Chester, CH1 2HQ) in a secure keypad protected room. Your data is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and rooms, who are required to keep the information confidential as stated in our employment and business contracts. All sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then We will notify you as soon as possible.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not selecting tick boxes to “opt in” on certain forms We use to collect your data. If your personally identifiable information changes or you wish your information to be removed from our records, you may update or delete it by emailing email@example.com. We will give you access to your personally identifiable information that we hold within 30 days of a request to access. You may send a request to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to stop receiving email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link on any of the newsletters. We will retain your information for as long as required to deliver your service, agreement or resolve any issues. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.